Saturday, September 3, 2011

#229: Spice Island Tea House - Nicer on the Inside

The Best Place for Delectable Hole-in-the-Wall Dining

Most days, I'd like to believe I've tried almost every restaurant in Oakland. But every once in a while, I come across something new. In this case, it was the Spice Island Tea House on Atwood Street. While the outside certainly seems your average hole-in-the-wall Asian food place, Michelle and I agree that once inside, it's just a normal restaurant. Michelle ordered the Java Fried Rice, a plate with shrimp, chicken, bell peppers, chili peppers, green onion, and egg-strips, while I enjoyed the Chiang Mai Noodles in a red curry sauce with chicken, hot peppers, carrots, mushrooms, onion, and cilantro. We both enjoyed our meals and had more than enough leftovers to enjoy for lunch the next day. Since then, I've had the Tea House come up in conversation at least twice and learned that they actually host karaoke during the week and feature killer Long Islands. I guess I'll have to go back.

- Emily

72 down, 293 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment