Tuesday, May 24, 2011

#93: Fat Head's - For When You're Really, Really Hungry

Best Place to Chill with a Brewski After Work

Last Friday, Michelle and I joined our friends Jason and Amanda to kick off the weekend with a post-work dinner and drinks at Fat Head's Saloon on Carson Street in the South Side. I was the only one who had been there before and was excited to see the others' reactions at the portion sizes.

We felt lucky to be seated quickly for a Friday afternoon Happy Hour. From my previous experience, I knew to check out the menu online a head of time (see it here). The other three needed a little extra time to figure out what they wanted to order from the six page menu. To no surprise, Jason ordered the Baco Jalapeno Burger (he's a burger cconnoisseur) with bacon, mozzarella, jalapenos, goat cheese, and chipotle mayo. Amanda ordered the Chick'N Little. Do not let the name deceive you - this thing is HUGE. It comes with chicken fingers, provolone cheese, two fried eggs, American cheese, ham, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, and hot pepper mayo. Whew! Michelle opted for the McMinn's Chicken Dance. A bit smaller than Amanda's sandwich, this one had chicken, a fried egg, sharp cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, a pickle, and hot pepper mayo. My Divine Swine Headwich may have been the smallest in the group - it was a simple yet delicious pulled pork sandwich with bacon and BBQ sauce. All of our meals came with more than generous portions of chips or fries (don't ask for a substitution - they won't give it to you).

Michelle and I each also tried one of their many brews on tap. Michelle had the Paulaner Hefe-Weizen from Munich, Germany while I had Pittsburgh's own White Lightening Wit. Both were delicious and refreshing. Overall, I had a great time and a great meal and I am already looking forward to my next trip. Good work, LivingSocial.

- Emily

20 down, 345 to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment